Store Front

Located at 20 Main St. South, Seaforth, ON and built in 1877. In 1876 the building housed a planning mill and a furniture showroom. The first floor was filled with furniture and the second floor was used for finishing, upholstery and general workroom. Broadfoot & Box Furniture employed 15 employees. The building was the home to a silent theater in 1917 owned by James Willis and the theater closed its doors in the 1920ís.

Richard S. Box operated the furniture store for many years and a funeral parlor which operated in the upper level of the store. He also owned and operated the Box & Smith Funeral Home on High Street in Seaforth. Gary Bettles had owned the building for many years, and recently is owned By David and Charlotte Strome under the name of Box Furniture & Floor Coverings.